Click on the image above to visit the Jean Augustine Chair in Education in the New Urban Environment website

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Books, novels and journal articles...

This weeks discussion topic is one of my favourite activities. . . reading. I have always been an avid reader. Devouring books from the library and taking a step into someone elses reality is something that has always intrigued me. The most wonderful thing about fiction is that it allows you to visit another space for a short period of time, it takes you into the author's mind, and into the lives of the characters they have created. As we step into September, I feel myself reading less fiction and more educational journal articles as the school year ramps up. I don't mind this transition, as it feels natural and exciting. Every fall, my love of reading is transferred from fiction to non-fiction, and in the process I continue to learn.

What do you enjoy about reading? What are your favourite books/articles/series to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment