Click on the image above to visit the Jean Augustine Chair in Education in the New Urban Environment website

Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm passionate about...

...well it's probably not time-keeping because I'm a little late to this blog post.

I'm passionate about music. If I could teach a university course, I could probably lecture for a full year on mid-00's pop punk and Canadian indie rock. I also play violin but more occasionally than I used to. I go to concerts as often as possible and my dearest wish is to attend the Polaris Prize Gala.

I'm passionate about literature. I try to read 100 books a year, and although I haven't done it yet, I'm always scoping for something good to read and giving recommendations. On the flipside, I also write prose and poetry over here.

I'm a political science major and that's because I'm also passionate about how things work, how you can make change, how to deal with the complex and multilayered issues that societies face and how to plan for the future. Because I like history and theory and language. I'm most passionate about foreign affairs and diplomacy.

I'm passionate about the idea that you have to feel a drive for something. That idea that human beings are profoundly passionate and any person should have a list of things they are passionate about that can't be confined to just mere curiosity but drives you to stay up late and work. I'm also passionate about the city, social media, sustainable living, sleeping in, creative spaces, Androids, scarves and the news.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! 100 books a year?! That's an awesome goal, which leaves you with reading about 8 books per month. With your passion and drive, I believe you will attain the goal!

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete